Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bob Rankin's Big Bad Brush - New Purchase


Recently I purchased a new Art Tool. I originally found out about it because I was watching an Abstract Artist's DVD and the artist, Bob Rankin, introduced his new invention,


"Bob Rankin's Big Bad Brush"
Here is more information about the Brush



The Brush That Holds No Limits for Abstract Painting!
Designed by Bob Rankin, one of America’s foremost artists and teachers! Big Bad Brush measures over 3” wide at the tip. The brush holds a large quantity of paint and distributes it evenly and quickly. Great for blending and wash techniques with robust design, allows you to exert pressure on your strokes with perfect bounce-back and performance.


The Big Bad Brush is handcrafted from select Chungking hog bristle with flagged ends to really grip color. The seamless brass ferrule is nickel plated for durability and secured with glue and finishing nails to stand up to extreme use. Handle features 5 matte grey coats with white stripes at the top and bottom and a black tip.


I happy to announce the brush has arrived and I am looking forward to using it on my next painting. When I first opened the brush package up I was suprised at how big it was. The DVD and the photos don't do it any justice. It is definetly constructed to appear very strong and long lasting. I will say that some of the hairs came out of the brush before I even layed it down on the counter.


I hope that won't be a problem when i start to paint.
Anyhow, stay tuned, I will update you on my opinion of this brush once my next painting No. 0087 (unamed so far) will be ready to be published.
Photo credits and description Jerry's Artarama... in case you want to go buy one!
By the way they are having a huge acrylic paint sale this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment